New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Neapolitan Yogurt Cheesecake 三色 酸乳芝士蛋糕





Had this idea of making a chilled neapolitan cheesecake. Tried searching online for one, but couldn't find one. I can only find baked ones.. So, I created this for my mom.

I used yogurt for the top layer, so that the cake would be lighter on the tummy.

After tasting this (after my mom cut the cake, of course), I can say, I'm satisfied with it. Recieved good comments on it. Saying it was light and refreshing, not too filling and overpowering. I like the slightly bitter chocolate sponge (bitter like dark choc), it's a good contrast to the sweet fillings.

So, if u are looking for a light cheesecake, try this. If u want a very strong cheese smell cake or prefer a denser one... skip this.

Chocolate Sponge
4 eggs
100gm sugar
70gm flour
20gm cocoa powder
50gm corn oil

1. Preheat oven at 180C. Line a 10” x 10” shallow square pan with paper.
2. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about triple in volume
3. Sift cocoa powder together with flour.
4. Fold into (2). Mix well.
5. Fold in corn oil.
6. Pour into baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and remove paper lining from cake.
8. Let cool and cut cake to fit cake ring. (I used 8 inch ring)
9. Place cut out cake in cake ring onto cake board and freeze.

Vanilla Cream Cheese layer
250 gm cream cheese (room temperature)
40gm sugar
100 gm plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 gm whipping cream (whipped)
1 Tbsp gelatin
60 ml water.

1. Put gelatin and water into a heat proof bowl. Double boil until gelatin dissolves. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add in yogurt and vanilla essence. Mix well.
4. Fold in whipped cream. Mix well.
5. Drizzle in dissolved gelatin and mix well.
6. Pour cheese filling onto frozen choc sponge. Level surface and place cake into the fridge, not freezer.

Strawberry Yogurt layer.
150gm strawberries
2 Tbsp sugar
420gm strawberry flavoured yogurt ( I used 3 cups of Dutch Lady yogurt)
100gm whipping cream
1 ½ Tbsp gelatin
60ml water

1. Chop strawberries and macerate with sugar until strawberries soften and bleed. Puree with a fork.
2. Bloom gelatin in water.
3. Bring whipping cream to a boil and pour onto gelatin mixture. Stir to make sure gelatin is dissolved.
4. Mix yogurt with pureed strawberries.
5. Pour (3) into (4) and mix well.
6. Pour (5) onto set cheese layer. Chill cake for 5 hours before removing from cake ring.




15 comments:

  1. Halo.. me like to bake cheesecake very much.. I find your blog very inspiring.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soo pretty and tasty~~ I'm so in to you.......rrrr cakes.haha. it's just...you are so good at this !

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so tempting!... the cake looks so gorgeous yet simple method and ingredients.. thanks for sharing and will try it later.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while now, I love all the recipe, I tried out a couple, one of them being the durian puff, which was so good! Thank you! My dad's birthday is coming up, I want to try to bake this neopolitan cake as it looks so good and i expect like you say, it's light! But I want to ask if it's okay if I bake this in a square tray and use the tray throughout? I dont have a cake ring and I expect me cutting up a cake from a square mould would end up pretty bad. haha, not much experience at all in baking!How long does it take to make the cake from start to finish, as I see that the cake need to be frozen (chocolate layer), how long would it take to freeze, as in freeze until ice-solid? And how long does the cream cheese need to set in the fridge before I can add the strawberry yogurt layer? thanks dear! sorry if I'm very long-winded! Would appreciate it if you could clarify it for me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, one more thing, how do you "fold" the ingredient in the chocolate cake layer? I try looking it up, but I still don't understand. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous (pls leave a name),
    1. It could take up a day, if you don't work fast.
    2. Cakes won't freeze til ice-solid. Just as long it takes until you get the next layer done.
    3. The cheese layer is set when it doesn't stick to your finger, how long? depends on your fridge, could be 30 mins, could be 1 hour.
    4. Fold is not stir. It's like how we Asians fry rice where we use the spatula, lift the rice from the base and fold it over with some wrist work.

    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy,

    I would like to try this recipe but I only have 9inch ring pan which I bought from ikea and use the tray throughout. How many percent of ingredients + egg I need to use for all? Thks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,
    You can use back this recipe, just that the cake will be slightly shorter

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi wendy!

    just drop by here. ^_^ your beautiful pictures inspired me to be more adventurous in baking.

    i always lean towards the simplest, basic everyday cake in fear that i'll mess up the steps of a more complicated cake.

    though your recipes seem to be clear and simple enough that i think i could start on the trying part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. little daisy,
    This cake is not too hard, should be ok to be done slowly layer by layer, no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. whipping cream here, does it mean heavy cream?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angie,
    Whipping cream is 35% dairy fat
    Heavy cream has a higher fat %, from 40-50%.
    But u can use both here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    Which type of whipping cream did u used? dairy or non dairy ones?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sabrina,
    Whipping Cream is dairy, non dairy will be written as Topping Cream, just like on the packaging of the cream itself.
    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...