New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Many Splendored Quick Bread - Zucchini Courgettes #3


I was curious about having so much veggie in the quickbread, or some of you might find it as cake. My tongue is confused just as well, haha. Quick breads are bakes that are basically prepared using the quick method, just stir the wet and dry ingredients together, like making muffins.

I was hoping my kids will eat it, but nope!




Kids are not that easily fooled.
My elder didn't like the walnuts, my middle didn't like the green specks and the youngest was too young that time.

After giving 1 loaf to my MIL, I ate it for breakfast , the next breakfast and the next next...... breakfast until they were all gone.

I actually made double  cos I didn't want to use half a zucchini. Greedy greeedy! But recipe proportion below is the original amount.




Many Splendored Quick Bread
From Rose's Heavenly Cakes     

Dry ingredients
242gm plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
75gm walnuts, lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
27gm instant oatmeal

Wet ingredients
113gm mashed banana
108gm oil
72gm muscovado sugar
66gm sugar
2 Grade B eggs
79gm water
1.5tsp vanilla extract
74gm shredded zucchini
33gm shredded carrots

1. Preheat oven to 160(fan)/180C. Prepare two -1L pans or three 650ml pans or one 1.5L pan. Fully line the pans.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and baking soda. Combine with the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. Put banana, oil, both sugars and eggs together in a mixing bowl. Beat it with mixer on med low speed and gradually drizzle in the water. Raise the speed to high and beat for 3 minutes or until it looks paler than before. Add in the rest of the wet  ingredients and beat it until incorporated.
4. Put the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Beat it until just incorporated and moistened
5. Divide batter into prepared pans.
6. Bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

*To form the split, cut with a sharp small blade in the middle after 15mins of baking, be quick and don't let the hot air escape too much




4 comments:

  1. Wendy, this looks like a good healthy breakfast and your kids are definitely very smart!! Haha I'm sure your quick bread is very moist from the looks of it. I never knew that Rose's book also have such a recipe in it, very interesting. I will put this on my to-try list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very takut any bakes with sayur inside :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...